On the UpSideBuy Now
Author: Rebecca & Mark Knowlden
If you are one of the approximately two million American families living with an autistic child, Mark and Rebecca Knowlden's On the UpSide: Hope for Parents...Success for the Child with Autism is an invaluable resource. The authors share more than twenty years of experience raising their autistic son, including programs and avenues leading to his successful development as a productive, happy adult. In their unparalleled book, the authors guide families through core issues, including
- Maintaining your family’s wellbeing through the challenges of special-needs.
- Discovering and developing your child’s strengths.
- Productively sharing your child’s unique qualities with the rest of the world.
- Effectively working with teachers, therapists, specialists and doctors.
- Developing your child’s social interaction skills and building friendships.
- Redefining your expectations…..and feeling good about it.
With lessons and examples that relate to individuals across the special-needs spectrum, and principles designed to help all families, the Knowldens’ book is relevant and encouraging. On the UpSide: Hope for Parents…Success for the Child with Autism provides a solid foundation for understanding how to maximize a special-needs child’s potential for a full and valuable life.
Special discounts on bulk quantities of this book are available to institutions, professional associations and other organizations. For details, contact publishers at the following:Joshua House PressP.O. Box 6993Tacoma, WA 98417www.joshuahousepress.com